HOME aboutus project oneday believe

Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Review

Hey Everyone! I am linking up here. I didn't take to many pictures of my self... aka none... But I had a fabulous weekend. My cousins little boy turned one this week so we spent a lot of our time with him. He is seriously the cutest little thing. My Sister and her Fiance make amazing cakes and they made Little Kody's first cake. Isn't it the cutest thing?


 Kody was not afraid to dig right in but right after was not very happy with the results... 

So maybe I took one picture I had just come from work and school all day so I'm a little gross...
Don't judge me :)

 Saturday we spent the day with some of our good friends from out of town. We had a BBQ and we were tasked with bringing the desert (my friends know that I a horrible cook so this is our permanent assignment around these parts). Jon wanted to do something different so we combined our baking powers and came up with this amazing cake...
Better Than Sex Cake

It is seriosuly so easy and incredibly delicious we found the recipe here... I don't know if it really was better than sex BUT it was pretty darn close....

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 box Devil’s Food Cake
  • 1 8-oz tub cool whip
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 bottle caramel ice cream topping
  • 1 package Heath bar pieces (found in the baking aisle by the chocolate chips)

    DIRECTIONS

    1. Cook Devil’s food cake in a 9 x 13 inch pan, according to package directions and let it cool.
    2. In a large bowl, combine caramel and sweetened condensed milk.
    3. Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake every couple of inches. Alternatively, you can use a fork to poke holes.
    4. Pour the caramel/sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake so that it fills all of the holes.
    5. Spread Cool Whip over the top of the cake.
    6. Sprinkle Heath bar pieces on top.
    7. Enjoy! PS: Store leftovers in the refrigerator.


    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...