HOME aboutus project oneday believe

Monday, August 20, 2012

Love Love Love...

A year ago today I said yes to the most important question of my life... So in honor of that day I thought I would actually tell our story... Which has yet to be done on the internet. So here we go...

Once upon a time...

 Lets face it our story started off kind of slow. Jon and I... well we had a on again off again long distance phoneship. Now if you you are asking your self what the HECK is a phoneship well its a word I just made up to describe our relationship. We spent HOURS upon HOURS talking on the phone. Year after year no matter who we had been dating or what road we took we some how ended up on the phone with each other. Often wondering why we had this undeniable attraction to this person that is thousands of miles away, when it so obviously was never going to happen. He wasn't going to move I wasn't going to move. Until finally we both decided to budge a little. Let me just tell you that Heavenly Father REALLY had a hand in the last few months of our relationship. Jon called me out of the blue a few weeks before I was planning a trip to Utah to visit my soon to be step mom (now actual step mom)... we always did have GREAT timing. I played hard to get until he picked me up from my step mom's apartment. 

*here is the mush and gushy stuff*  

 I had this plan to coy. You know like we were just old friends meeting up for a casual dinner. No big deal or anything... I mean every one spend two hours picking out their outfits and doing their hair for causal dinner with a friend right? Yeah I  didn't even have my self fooled. The second we saw each other there we no words... he awaited me with the biggest hug and kiss.I had been worried that over the years I just imagined my feelings for him  but after that first look all my worries went away. After that the many plans I had made for my trip turned in to Jon. 


 At the end of my trip I did not want to go home. It was so hard to say good bye. He dropped me off at the airport with the promise that we would see each other soon. By the time the plane landed in Florida I knew what I had to do. If I did not take a chance now I would always wonder what if. So I took the biggest risk of my life and moved to Utah.

 I had been offered a Internship for the summer and it happened to be for a nonprofit based out of Utah. I called my new boss up and she said she would love to have me work in state instead of over the phone. After that everything was easy. Jon bought a plane ticket, someone took my lease, and I quit my job. After a LONG but incredibly fun road trip I officially lived in Utah.... For the summer anyways.



That summer in Utah was the best ever. We spent every free minuet together. 
        
                                                        


 Then the summer came to an end and it was time for me to head back to school in Florida. Jon had planned to move with me but we just didn't know how it would work... Or at least I didn't. It turned out Jon had a plan. We had big plans last August 20th we were going to spend the weekend on a house boat on the Lake but those plans fell through. SO we were going to have a date night instead. 

Jon picked me up and told me he felt like eating at La Jolla Groves, which is where our first date in Utah was, but of course I didn't feel like eating there so we went to Macaroni Gill instead. I never make things simple. Of course Jon did the polite thing and went to pay but his card got declined. I had to run to the car and get my wallet... Thankfully this wasn't one of those nights I had for gotten it... cause those night happen a lot.... and last I heard washing dishes is not the most romantic date in the world. PS The bank messed up he had money... After that I could tell he was flustered but he was determined to keep our date going strong. We went to the cutest candy store and he said he wanted to pick candy out for each other. I picked the biggest box of nerds I could find and he showed up at the register with a ring pop.

Now to preface this next part Jon and I had been talking about getting married for a while ( I mean I moved across the country to be with him we were pretty serious) so I just assumed this was one of his mean jokes.

 He told me he couldn't afford a ring so he was just going to propose with  the ring pop. So the quest began to find the perfect spot for him to "propose". He drug me through the River Woods shopping complex  while I pointed out places like the bathrooms and the trash cans.  Finally he found the place and told me to close my eyes... I sighed and huffed and puffed cause I really just wanted my candy. But I knew to get what I wanted I had to play along. Now you think I would have caught on but I didn't want to get my hopes up so I always just told my self it wasn't gonna happen.  I was wrong though it did happen right there in front of everyone at the River Woods. I closed my eyes and he slipped something much better than that ring pop on my finger. And well the rest is history.


6 comments:

Ky said...

This is the most precious story ever!

Rachel said...

Great story! And I like your word "phoneship" Before I got married, I was racking up 2000+ minutes of cell phone use per month talking to my long-distance boyfriend (now husband!)

Anita said...

What a great story! My own relationship was long distance too and man could we run up a phone bill!

Alyssa said...

Awwwh! Love it! Found you from the favorite post link up! Have a great week!

Kate Wilson said...

Sarah! I love reading your posts! I particularly loved this one! gave me chills. Love you guys so freaking much that I am bursting at the seams to see you guys in October!!! MISS YOU!

Breezy Brie said...

so cute :) I love your love story!

Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...