HOME aboutus project oneday believe

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Race Day!

Weekend Review! I'm linking up Here
 I did it! I officially have run a 5k. It has been on my One Day list for years finally I did it! My family  has always been really big in to 5k walks we participate in the Kidney Foundation's 5k walk every year. But until yesterday my nerves prevented me from actually running a real 5k. Titusville put on the perfect event to get me out of my running shell... The Get Up and GO 5k/10k Run/Walk.... Seriously it was perfect, my family got to walk, I got to run and those more intense runners (me hopefully one day soon) got to run the 10k. It is held on the Max Brewer Bridge. Which basically is killer hard to run up and down two times. ( now I am using the word run loosely cause the second time going up it lets face it I WALKED ). 
I didnt take this picture I got it from here but this is that bridge! 

I ran with my great friend Becky and she is seriously amazing. She has two kids and totally kicked my butt. Now this isn't the best picture of us but at least we can prove we were there with numbers and everything.


 I finished 7th in my age group with 35 minutes and 10 seconds. I'm not sure how I feel about my time but I'm going with not to bad for no training... I pretty much haven't run more than a mile in a months... and it was on a giant slope. Ok enough with the excuses. All it made me want to do is go faster next time. I already found the next race I want to do its in October. I will beat my time! 
It was really great to spend so time with my family. My mom is amazing and so supportive she even paid for me to do the race since we have been super tight with money lately. My cousin walked the whole way with his little man strapped to his chest. It was pretty much the cutest thing
It was little mans second 5k walk strapped to his  Daddy's chest. Hes a warrior baby!
After the race we MAY have stopped by McDonalds... We earned it right?

9 comments:

Anita said...

Congrats on running your first 5k...may there be many more in your future! Hope you are having a great Sunday!

Sarah said...

Good for you!! I just finished my first 5k earlier this summer! Such a great accomplishment!

Hilary said...

Congrats to you! Found you through the link up - new follower!

Kait said...

I'm so excited for you for running your first 5K! I'm a big time runner at the gym on the treadmill, but I just can't seem to get the hang of running outside. I know that sounds RIDICULOUS, and maybe I AM crazy, but it just feels different. Congrats!

Unknown said...

ahhh good for you girl- im hoping to run a k5 soon and praying i can do it! so happy i came across your blog! i cant wait to read more! If you'd like i have a giveaway on my blog with starbucks and vera bradly i think you'll love! have a great monday! xo

Sami said...

Good for you for running a 5K! I've been trying to do the Couch to 5K app for months in hopes that I can run one :) Thanks for linking up!

Sarah said...

Thanks for all the support guys!

Tiffany said...

Visiting from Weekend Recap! Congrats on your 5K!! You'll be addicted now....races are so much fun!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

CWY said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Yay for completing your first 5K!!

Christa
Significance or Nothing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...