HOME aboutus project oneday believe

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Oh Hey Vegas...

So remember that one time I promised to update my blog with all the exciting events that had happened in my life and then I wrote 2 posts and fell off the face of the earth?  Yeah well I am not going to make any extended promises this time.... But I will get you caught up in a few posts.

After graduation ( like literately 2 days later) we packed up our house and headed out west.  Let me just tell you... finishing up your degree, hosting hordes of family, selling 70% of your belongings and packing the other 30% all the while growing a child is hard! We went from a fully furnished and cluttered 2 bedroom apartment to a truck in the matter of a week. Thankfully we did not have to make the drive by ourselves Jon's dad flew out for my graduation and then drove one of our cars for us to Nevada. I seriously don't think we could have done it with out him.  I don't have tons of pictures of our trek out west because they were all taken on my phone which was stolen...Viva Las Vegas!
Our first place was a good one it was really hard to say good bye.
Our everything must go garage sale.... 
The one picture of the truck almost all packed up. I don't even know how we got everything in there. Jon's a real life Tetris pro. We looked like the Beverly Hill Billy's driving down the road. If you can imagine... The truck ended up with like 3 tarps covering in and about 100 ropes tying it all down.
Ruca was not a fan of the long car ride she may have spent 90% of it drugged out of her mind because of her poor puppy panic attacks. It was so sad. Who even knew that dogs could have panic attacks.... guess it runs in the family.
  After days of driving we finally made it to Las Vegas and got all settled for the first 3 months we stayed with Jon's mom to save up some money to buy back all the stuff we sold. We were both super blessed to get jobs almost right away, although it took like a month for me to actually start my job. Jon got an AMAZING job basically doing what he was in Florida but for bigger company. He is an estimator and a manager at  Servepro of Downtown Las Vegas. The owners are awesome and he is doing so great at it. I am so proud of him! I got a position with a mortgage company doing "marketing" which mostly means I am filling in until they get a receptionist (if they ever do) and sometimes I do marketing like activities. Mostly I just sit and grow a little baby.

In August we got to move in to our own place. I was ridiculously excited just to have all of our stuff out of boxes and bags... It was a little sad to move out on our own again because I had to resume adult life aka cooking and cleaning. Jon's mom was WAY too good to us and cooked every night and would clean up before I even had a chance to think about it... mostly cause I went to bed by like 730.
Here is a view from our " back yard" aka the apartment complex's shrubbery that we use as Ruca's bathroom. 
This is a video I made of the model apartment so when were shopping around we would remember what it looked like. I will try to post pictures of our place all decorated. It is sparse but it feels like home finally. I went into nesting mode the weekend we moved in and I had the place pretty much put together in 2 days. Lets just say it was nice to be able to spread out. We had most of our stuff squished in one bedroom at Jon's moms place.

1 comment:

Cara Joy said...

I'm so glad to finally know what's goings on! One minute you're graduating, then preggers, then VEGAS! (My sister lives there and she loves it!) I'm glad you're settling in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...