HOME aboutus project oneday believe

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Be Still My Soul

I usually do not do two post in one day but today I really wanted to share this song. While getting ready for church this morning I put Pandora onto my usual Sunday channel. This week has been rather hard one for me, for some reason I have just been super hard on myself. It has just been one of those weeks where everything just seems right out of reach. Much like I have no control of the things that are happening to me. I was looking at my friends and even people I have never met and just thinking how much better they are living their lives. They have more money or know how to budget it better, have accomplished more, are serving people, are done with school, dress nicer, truthfully the list could go on and on. The internet makes it so easy to play the comparison game. It is so easy to forget  that each one of these people are struggling with something. The internet allows us to put our best face forward, so what ends up happening is we are comparing our worst with everyone else's best. We need to remember that Heavenly Father is not comparing us to our peers. He does not look at you on your worst day and give up on you. He wants us to keep going, growing and trying. Now with that said, I know all this and I constantly, with the help of my husband, am running it through my head but it just was not sticking this week. This morning I knew I needed Heavenly Fathers help and it came through this song. It was so sweet and simple and as I listened to the music I thought of the words and all my worries faded away.  

Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

2. Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

3. Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,                  
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.Be still,             
my soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...